Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My favorite day is Saudi Arabian National Day
The National Day of Saudi Arabia is on September 23 . It presents the unification of Saudi Arabia in 1932 as a kingdom. This day is very important  for all people in my country because it reminds us about King Abdul Aziz who was unified the kingdom.
In this day, we tell our children about the past of Saudi Arabia and celebrate for this day. Also, All Saudi people wear green clothes because the Saudi flag is green.

The streets are mobbed with young people to celebrate. In addition, some families celebrate at home, and some have picnics or set off fireworks in the parks


Regarding to food, the family eats
 traditional food. In my family, we like to eat arabic sweets such as baqlawa, basbosa and konafa.


  

 I hope you enjoy my favorite day.

8 comments:

  1. Good use of vocabulary from Speaking/Listening class! That food looks delicious as well - I'd like to try it.

    Corrections: "On this day, we tell our children..." "Regarding food, families eat traditional food."

    ReplyDelete
  2. woooow it's great
    delicious sweet ..
    I miss them sweets ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. green clothes is goooood n I wnat to try this food. It looklikes so delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this sweets basbosa and konafa.. Ymym it's dainty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to try traditional food in your country.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oohh !! that's sound really interresting holiday .I like green clothes and your food sound very delicious .. can you cook for us ??? lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone
    I'm happy to comment in my blog
    I'm going to cook Basbousa for everyone

    ReplyDelete